I visited “Andy’s Kitchen” 「偉偉川菜」in a local and eclectic building in Causeway Bay. It’s an authentic Sichuan restaurant with great prices and delicious food. Highly recommended for spicy food lovers!
「偉偉川菜」 (Andy’s Kitchen)
“Andy’s Kitchen” offers spicy Sichuan dishes such as pickled fish and braised fish. You can choose the level of spiciness from several options.
There’s a great lunch set available during lunchtime, which includes a main dish, rice, and a drink.
In clockwise order:
– Spicy Fish Fillet (HK$88) – This seems to be the recommended dish at the restaurant. It’s packed with plenty of fish slices, and the texture of the fish is smooth. It also contains mushrooms and enoki mushrooms. I chose the mild spiciness level, but it was still really spicy, and I couldn’t finish the soup. However, it didn’t have any fishy smell, and I think it’s a delicious dish for those who love spicy food.
– Mapo Tofu (HK$68) – It tastes just as good as it looks. The spiciness goes well with rice.
– Fish Fragrant Pork Strips (HK$88) – It contains thinly sliced pork. It’s not as spicy as it looks.
– Hot and Sour Shredded Potatoes (HK$68) – It has a wonderful aroma. The potatoes have a crispy texture and taste delicious. It’s not very spicy, so it’s a good dish to take a break from the spiciness.
- Address: Lee Fat Building, 2/F, Room 05, 30-36 Jardine’s Crescent, Causeway Bay
- Opening Hours: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Payment Method: Cash only
It’s only a 2-minute walk from Causeway Bay Station Exit F1, but the entrance to “Lee Fat Building” can be hard to find. There is a signboard for the restaurant on the road in front of the building, so use that as a landmark.
Go up the stairs, and you’ll find the restaurant on the 2nd floor (equivalent to the 3rd floor in Japan) of the building.
Summary and Impression
It’s a recommended restaurant for those who love authentic Sichuan cuisine, with no service charge and a local atmosphere. If you enjoy spicy food and appreciate the local vibes, I highly recommend this place in Causeway Bay.
Since the portion size for each dish is large, I recommend going with a group of people and sharing various dishes.
Thank you for reading today!